Alternative Travel Picks in Southeast Asia (globalservicecorps.org ),
Thai cooking schools are found throughout the country, and a list of schools can be found at tourismthailand.org/. Choosing a school will come down to the degree of formality and level of instruction you want (i.e. do you want only a few lessons in the basics or would you prefer a course that includes more in-depth instruction).
There are several Thai cooking tours and programs. The most well known is the Chiang Mai Cookery School thaicookeryschool.com in Chiang Mai, where you can take one, two or three-day classes conducted in English. In Bangkok, you can take classes at most of the major hotels, as well as in smaller cooking schools. And in Phuket, try Baan Kata baankata.com, or visit The Boathouse for their Saturday and Sunday morning cooking classes. You can arrange your courses in advance or choose a school upon arrival.
- Other Alternative Picks in Southeast Asia
- The National Meditation Center (nationalmeditation.org) offers tours, intercultural relations studies and volunteer programs to the Philippines. All participants receive instruction in language and culture.
- Global Volunteers (globalvolunteers.org) has short-term (2- or 3-week) service programs throughout the year in communities of the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. Volunteers work in teams of 10 to 15 people, and during free time, volunteers tour the Mekong River Delta, the infamous Cuchi Tunnels, Buddhist shrines, cultural centers and other sites.
- Myths and Mountains (MythsandMountains.com) provides custom-designed trips for travelers interested in experiencing local languages, music, art and cooking, including itineraries to visit the hilltribes of Northern Thailand.
Read more GoNOMAD stories about AsiaThe following two tabs change content below.If you like the articles we publish, maybe you can be one of our writers too! Make travel plans, then write a story for us! Click the green 'gonomad' above to read our writer's guidelines.
Latest posts by GoNomad (see all)
- Horses and Hills At Mammoth Lake in the Mountains of California - July 25, 2016
- The Sound of Good Fat: Macademia Nuts in Guatemala - July 24, 2016
- Tagong: The Wild West of Sichuan Province - July 23, 2016
- Cruising the Red Sea: Nose Jobs, Temples, and Ancient Egyptian Treasures - July 22, 2016
- Seattle Music, Dance and Theater Festivals - July 20, 2016